Based in Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium), AGC Glass Europe produces, processes and markets flat glass for the construction industry (external glazing and interior decoration), car manufacture and other industrial sectors (transport, solar power and high-tech). It is the glass branch of AGC, a world leader in flat glass. It has over 100 sites throughout Europe and employs around 15,200 employees.
Its operations are present in Europe and South America and is driven by 3 strategic Business Units:
- Architectural Glass Europe Upstream is responsible to supply raw glass to its own division and to the Automotive Division.
- Architectural Glass Europe Downstream is responsible for processing and distributing raw glass into finished building products.
- Architectural Glass South America
Our Group offers challenging and highly rewarding career opportunities. Join a leading international company, share a global stage of incredible opportunity. Work and grow alongside some of the brightest people in your field !
The Role / Job :
Within AGC GLASS EUROPE - UPSTREAM Business Unit, reporting to the Manufacturing Europe Director, you will be Operational Excellence Manager for all the Maintenance activities related to the 12 plants of the Business Unit and you will functionally lead a team of Maintenance managers.
Your role will be to reshape the Maintenance activity at the best industrial standards (including sustainability, safety and “Industry 4.0”) by defining the ambitions and targets of your function coherently with the Business Unit’s strategy. You will translate the plan into actions to create the right processes in order to achieve least-cost maintenance and eliminate reliability and operational problems.
Your responsibilities will be:
- to define the best maintenance strategies in all our sites
- to organize a continuous follow-up through KPI’s definition
- to build and share best practices leading to global and continuous improvement
- to achieve the lowest global maintenance costs (direct and indirect costs)
- to validate the maintenance budget of our European Plants including investments for efficiency improvement and extraordinary expenses.
You will have regular meetings with the Plants’ Maintenance Managers but also centrally with the Engineering, Supply Chain, IT functions and the Automotive Europe Division. You will be part of the Manufacturing Operational Committee.
You will work in a European context with a travel time above 50%. Your location will be in any of our European plant or in Belgium headquarters.
- You have 10 to 15 years of experience in Maintenance management or equivalent role and experience in team management. Preferably in complex and international companies.
- You have lean methodologies knowledge with concrete practice & experience.
- You are a pro-active problem solver with a pragmatic approach and the ability to simplify complex problem into solvable tasks.
- You have a strong experience in project management.
- You learn fast and adapt to new contexts and concepts. Digitalization approach is embedded in your way of working.
- You are an excellent communicator capable of influencing and motiving people. You work in a cross-functional organization.
- You are expert on supporting significant change / transformation projects within a multi-site manufacturing environment.
- You want to contribute to the improvement of our company carbon foot-print.
- Your English is fluent, any other European language is a plus.
- You want to make our customer experience’s Fast, Easy and Fun remaining Reliable and Cost Effective.
Headquarters in Louvain-la-Neuve(Belgium) or any other main AGC site.