Based in Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium), AGC Glass Europe produces, processes and markets flat glass for the construction industry (external glazing and interior decoration), car manufacture and other industrial sectors (transport, solar power and high-tech). It is the glass branch of AGC, a world leader in flat glass. It has over 100 sites throughout Europe and employs around 15,200 employees.
Its operations are present in Europe and South America and is driven by 3 strategic Business Units:
- Architectural Glass Europe Upstream is responsible to supply raw glass to its own division and to the Automotive Division.
- Architectural Glass Europe Downstream is responsible for processing and distributing raw glass into finished building products.
- Architectural Glass South America
Our Group offers challenging and highly rewarding career opportunities. Join a leading international company, share a global stage of incredible opportunity. Work and grow alongside some of the brightest people in your field !
In the Mol plant (already 101 years), around 600 employees contribute passionately to our success every day. You will end up in an innovative company with a strong international reputation and there is a great atmosphere to work. Just ask the colleagues who have been working with us for years!
We are hiring a Process Engineer.
The Role / Job :
This function is aimed at the production process where the extra-thin flat glass is processed and this means:
- You will acquire the necessary technical expertise with regard to the entire industrial AGC etching process for thin flat glass; this includes raw material management, preparation and management of etching solutions, production processes, wastewater treatment, corrective and preventive maintenance
- You will also acquire the necessary technical expertise with regard to the entire industrial AGC process for cutting/polishing/chemical hardening/laser cutting of thin flat glass
- You analyze the production results carefully and with knowledge of the facts you propose detailed optimizations
- You study the realization of possible investments based on pay-back calculations
- You quickly identify any technical or organizational problems and proactively propose action plans
- You report to the Vertec manager
- Maintaining a good and close relationship with the following AGC stakeholders is essential: Sales & Marketing and R&D in Europe and Japan
Our ideal candidate meets the description below:
- You obtained an engineering degree, in chemistry, electro-mechanics, mechanical engineering or electrical engineering. Several years of experience with process control and in-depth process analysis in an industrial environment is a plus
- You are fascinated by technology and new developments in an international environment; solving complex problems is a challenge
- You strive for continuous improvement
- You know how to make changes thoughtfully, take the necessary time to get to know the complex process and closely monitor adjustments in the long term
- You can independently set the right priorities and know how to organize the work optimally
- You are a team player with persuasiveness and with good communication skills to work with managers and production employees; fluent in Dutch and English is required and French is a plus
- Your creative/analytical thinking, proactive approach and enthusiasm are determining factors
Are you ready to “Make Your Mark Every Day”?
- In exchange for your efforts, you will receive a competitive salary and numerous fringe benefits including a mobility budget with choice for a company car, a net representation allowance, vouchers, insurances, a bonus and 20 ADV days.
- We invest heavily in sustainable high-tech infrastructure, but also in our people
- You get real opportunities to educate yourself and to grow: 'Your Dreams, Our Challenge' is our motto for a reason!
Send your CV to email@example.com. Take a look at www.werkenbijagc.be and feel free to contact us on 014/81 95 15.