AGC Building & Industrial, a European leader in flat glass.
Part of AGC Glass Company, the AGC Building & Industrial Division produces, processes and distributes flat glass for the building industry, the solar industry and high tech operations. Our business is driven by four strategic Business Units:
• Primary Glass
• Processed Glass
• New Business and Industrial.
Our 8,400 employees operate in over 100 sites throughout Europe, from Spain to Russia. Our common goal is summarized in our vision: "Glass creates emotions by connecting people with their environment".
The Role / Job :
In the frame of the Finance Business transformation, AGC decided to pursue centralization of accounting function for the General Ledger and Tax activities on top of the Accounts Payables, Bank integrations & reconciliation already in place.
Within the BPO Organization, the candidate will support the transformation of the Finance and accounting organization.
As Costing & Controlling Process Expert, he/she will support our Building/Industrial and Automotive Business Divisions in the activities & products costing and controlling.
He/She will be responsible for the Costing & Controlling (CO) process design & optimization and the process performance. This includes the accountability for the end to end related process design, actively working with the group and plants controllers and IT analysts and ensuring the maximum possible alignment of processes in the two businesses.
- Activities & Products in standard and actual costing
- Month-end closing
- Variances analysis
- Management reporting
- Design/Optimize the CO processes design and optimization;
- Demonstrates system expertise for using the SAP ECC 6.0 application
- Demonstrates proficient knowledge of the SAP controlling modules/functions and Management Accounting business processes
- Performs detailed analysis of complex business process requirements and provide appropriate system solution; identifies, interprets, validates and documents customer requirements
- Analyses, designs, tests, maintains and supports the SAP ECC 6.0 application
- Partners with peers when integrating functionalities across applications and/or modules
- Develops profiles and authorizations within the application
- Develops and delivers application training to customers
- Proactively identifies and proposes business process and/or system enhancements
- Works self-directed and independently; may act as subject matter mentor to more junior members
- Follows applicable IFRS Standards, Procedures, Guidelines and Methodologies in the implementation and/or maintenance of finance applications
- Implementation of the standardized R2R (Record to Report) processes in the Shared Services and Country Accounting organizations;
- Defines the Standard Operation Procedure in line with our Management reporting Standard (IFRS);
- Sets-up Key Performance Indicators to measure the efficiency aimed at improving performance and at being as transparent as possible towards our Internal Customers;
- In close cooperation with our internal customers and the SSC leads & works on the continuous improvements;
- Interacts with:
- Group Division controllers;
- Plant controllers;
- Other Business Process Owners, Experts in manufacturing, logistic and sales,…
- IT Finance analysts;
- Project Steering Committee
- Delivers result & issue solving, creating consensus leading to decision making;
- Plays a key role in change management and drives job role definition (RACI);
- Trains the trainer by preparing and providing the training material and the training itself;
- Supports users during testing.
- Microsoft Office tools, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio
- Use of Process Design tools
- SAP CO:
- CO-OM: Overhead Cost Control
- CO-PC: Product Cost Control
- CO-PA: Profit Analysis
- CO-PCA: Profit Center Accounting
Education and Experience:
- Master in Economics / University degree in economics
- Minimum of 7 years professional experience & minimum of 5 years SAP ECC 6.0 experience supporting Costing & Controlling, Management Accounting.
- Demonstrated experience in Process Design (APQC) and being able to drive the continuous improvements;
- Experience in Finance transformation projects, in a multi-national environment;
- Accounting Management;
- Strong in project management; multi-tasks; delivering his/her promises in defined deadlines;
- Be a Change agent for deploying our AGC rules, procedures defined in line with the standardized processes;
- Good in verbal & written communication skills in different geographical areas;
- Candidate will travel up to 10%
- Languages EN/FR/NL
- Good level of written & verbal communication is required