The AGC Group, is a world-leading supplier of flat, automotive and display glass, chemicals and other high-tech materials and components. The Headquarters of AGC Glass Europe are located in Louvain-La-Neuve, Belgium.
AGC produces glass for construction (external glazing and indoor decorative glass) and for the automotive industry. The Automotive Glass division develops, produces, and commercializes a broad range of products such as windshields, side windows, rear windscreens and panoramic roofs, with advanced features: heated windshields, infrared and UV protection, head-up displays…
AGC Automotive Europe specializes in providing customers with complete solutions in terms of car glazing and related technologies. It includes production and sales of products to vehicle manufacturers (Cars and Trains) in terms of Glazing, Added Value products and components systems; as well as a complete range of service in the aftermarket area from production to distribution and retail.
The Role / Job :
The service Logistic TWP is one of the four services in the Supply Chain organization for Automotive in Europe.
The activities of transport, warehousing and returnable packaging are managed by a team of three logistics coordinators and one assistant.
The main responsibilities of this team consist in:
- Participate to the definition of the transport strategy, selection of the carriers and definition of the routing guide
- Participate to the budgeting (24M€ in 2014) and control of the expenses, particularly for express transport.
- Estimate the transport cost for the new models in development
- Set up and manage the KPI’s
- In functional relation with the Plant Logistics Managers, insure that the transport activity is running according to the rules and contracts
- Solve any kind of issue related to the transport
- According to the agreed Incoterms for deliveries, participate to the definition of the network of warehouses and the choice of the logistics providers
- Implement the warehousing activities in new locations, according to the customer’s requirements and AGC AE rules (EDI)
- In collaboration with the Purchasing Department, implement in the warehouses additional services like Just In Sequence or light added value operation
- Participate to the budgeting and control of the expenses (7,8M€ in 2014)
- Estimate the warehousing cost for the new models in development
- Set up and manage the KPI’s
- Solve any kind of issue related to the warehousing activity
- In collaboration with the Packaging Engineer of the division, and the Industrialization Managers of the plants, define the more suitable returnable packaging for the pieces
- Participate to the budgeting of investment in new packaging, and manage the purchase orders
- Manage the pool of AGC packaging, and the flows of empties back to the AGC locations
- Organize the flows of packaging with the customers when they are owned by them
- Manage the maintenance and the transformation of packaging
These activities are split between the members of the team, by project and/or by type of activity. Each logistic coordinator is fully responsible of his part of activities.
Each logistic coordinator is in charge of the reporting for his activities (cockpit)
The Logistic Coordinator could also be involved in several projects, like
- Development of the multimodal transport solutions with the other divisions of AGC Group
- Analysis of the best location for the production plants
- Standardization of the returnable packaging
• You are entitled of a superior school degree.
• You have a good knowledge and understanding of customer specifics
• You demonstrate firmness and diplomacy in your contacts with outside interlocutors (customers and suppliers) in order to ensure on time deliveries and paramount customers’ service or to implement new tasks and missions.
• You can lead a project, organize and coordinate the tasks to achieve the target.
• You can implement solutions, train the users and support the users whereas needed.
• You have a good communication and negotiation skills with an assertive behavior.
• You have a good analytic skills, reliability, carefulness, sense of responsibility.
• You have a strong sense of priorities; you are efficient, dynamic, and a true team player. You communicate efficiently with the whole organization.
• You have a good knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word – Windows 7), E-mail, Internet.
• You are ready to travel for short periods within Europe to meet AGC customer(s), plant Logistics, warehouses and subcontractors. Expected time spent by travelling would be 25%
• Ideally, you are familiar with the European automotive industry