AGC Glass Europe offers challenging, and highly rewarding career opportunities. Join a leading international glass company, share a global stage of incredible opportunity with more than 50,000 employees world-wide. Work and grow alongside some of the brightest people in your field.
The Company: AGC Glass Europe
Based in Belgium, AGC Glass Europe is the European branch of the AGC group (Asahi Glass Co., Ltd), the world’s largest producer of flat glass.
AGC produces, processes and distributes flat glass for the construction industry (external glazing and indoor decorative glass), the automotive industry, solar applications, specialized industries (glazing for railway and subway cars and ships, glass for domestic appliances) and various high-tech applications (smart and interactive screens).
AGC Glass Europe currently employs some 14,000 people. Its industrial facilities comprise 18 float glass lines, 10 automotive glass processing centres and more than 100 distribution-processing units in Europe, stretching from Spain to Russia.
AGC’s Technovation Centre (Gosselies, Belgium)
The Technovation Centre located in Gosselies (Belgium) centralises research, engineering and IP activities under one roof. It employs 250 people among which 180 researchers (mostly engineers and PhD’s), all driven by operational excellence and innovation.
Based on its three missions of technological innovation, technical assistance and scientific advice, the R&D Centre is developing the high-tech glass products of tomorrow while taking human wellbeing and protection of the environment into account.
Antibacterial glass, Glassiled Motion for dynamic façades TirExtreme for Multitouch screens are some of the most recent innovations.
The Role / Job :
Antennas Project manager - in the electronics department : your mission
AGC Glass Europe is willing to develop a competence in antennas on glass for automotive applications. Located at the Company’s European Technovation Center in Gosselies (Belgium), your duties will include the following :
- work autonomously on antenna research projects
- conduct laboratory experiments
- be analytical and critical with the results of his research
- collaborate with other researchers for the development of the Antenna Design competence in Europe
- participate with your colleagues to the qualification of our technologies by our customers.
- participate with marketing to the definition of a business model and value proposition
- guarantee successful launch of projects with optimal resources (team, budget, milestones, KPIs,…)
• You hold a masters degree or PhD, preferably in electronics or are civil engineer.
• Your have successful experience in project management for new products and processes
• You are willing to work in a team, in interaction with other researchers, technicians
(bachelors and industrial engineers) and operators.
• You are solution oriented, perseverant, self-confident, autonomous and pragmatic.
• You are a self starter and have a good helicopter view. You are able to think of and manage
the different stages of the project
• You have good communication skills, especially with people from different cultural
background (ability to listen, communicate, interact)
• You are fluent in French and/ or English. Knowledge of German is a clear plus
• You are willing to travel within Europe but also in the USA and in Japan
Proven experience in the field of antenna, RF design, connectivity is a must.
Are you ready to sign "Glass Unlimited" ?
Remuneration and benefits including amongst others :
- A motivating career path in a multinational
- A competitive base salary paid.
- Group Bonus Scheme
- Annual Holiday of 40 days and Annual Holiday Premium
- Enrolment in a company pension scheme
- Complementary Health Insurance Scheme