AGC Glass Europe, a European leader in flat glass
Based in Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium), AGC Glass Europe produces, processes and distributes flat glass for the construction (external glazing and interior decorative glass), the automotive (original & replacement glass) and the solar sectors. It is the European branch of AGC Glass, the world's largest producer of flat glass.
Its baseline "Glass Unlimited" reflects the possibilities offered by:
• glass as a material to meet a growing variety of needs (comfort, energy control, health & safety, aesthetics, sustainability);
• innovation in products and processes, derived from continuous research in advanced glass technology;
• over 100 sites throughout Europe, from Spain to Russia;
• a worldwide marketing network;
• its 16,000 employees focused on the Customer.
The Role / Job :
AGC Glass Europe is looking for you, a Senior Java Developer who enjoys development and is also attracted by supporting and leading a team.
You will be part of the Development Center, a talented software team that works on critical applications and provides expertise in the full software development lifecycle, from concept and design to testing.
Your duties can be summarized as follows:
- Design and develop high-volume, low-latency applications for critical systems and deliver high-availability and performance
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle, starting by analyzing / prioritizing requirements and translate business needs into technical requirements
- Write well-designed, testable, efficient code
- Control the usage of development rules (architectural conventions, naming conventions…)
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications
- Define Database Models
- Prepare and produce releases of software components
- Perform tests and help users to perform User Acceptance Testing
Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review
Are you ready to sign "Glass Unlimited" ?
What will make a difference:
- You are fluent in English and either French or Dutch
- You are flexible, efficient in teamwork, result and service oriented, and have the capacity to solve problems fast and efficiently
- You enjoy working in an industrial and multi-cultural environment
- you are looking forward for short business trips abroad (Benelux, France, Eastern Europe)