AGC Glass Europe offers challenging, and highly rewarding career opportunities. Join a leading international glass company, share a global stage of incredible opportunity with more than 50,000 employees world-wide. Work and grow alongside some of the brightest people in your field.
The Company: AGC Glass Europe
Based in Belgium, AGC Glass Europe is the European branch of the AGC group (Asahi Glass Co., Ltd), the world’s largest producer of flat glass.
AGC produces, processes and distributes flat glass for the construction industry (external glazing and indoor decorative glass), the automotive industry, solar applications, specialized industries (glazing for railway and subway cars and ships, glass for domestic appliances) and various high-tech applications (smart and interactive screens).
AGC Glass Europe currently employs some 14,000 people. Its industrial facilities comprise 18 float glass lines, 10 automotive glass processing centres and more than 100 distribution-processing units in Europe, stretching from Spain to Russia.
AGC’s Technovation Centre (Gosselies, Belgium)
The Technovation Centre located in Gosselies (Belgium) centralises research, engineering and IP activities under one roof. It employs 250 people among which 180 researchers (mostly engineers and PhD’s), all driven by operational excellence and innovation.
Based on its three missions of technological innovation, technical assistance and scientific advice, the R&D Centre is developing the high-tech glass products of tomorrow while taking human wellbeing and protection of the environment into account.
Antibacterial glass, Glassiled Motion for dynamic façades TirExtreme for Multitouch screens are some of the most recent innovations.
SHAPE THE FUTURE OF GLASS AT AGC GLASS EUROPE’S TECHNOVATION CENTRE AND BECOME A PVD COATINGS PROJECT MANAGER IN OUR SURFACES DEPARTMENT
Our passion is glass. We work every day at turning it into a material opening up new unexpected market opportunities. Glass creates emotion by connecting people with their environment. Could it connect us with you ?
The Role / Job :
Your mission :
Glass coatings (PVD) project manager in our Surfaces department.
As one of the research departments part of the Technovation Centre, the Coatings department is in charge of developing glass products and processes involving on line or off line coatings with high added value. Your focus will be off line processes and products. You will have to :
On the marketing side :
- Analyse all possible evolutions in the area of PVD expertise.
- Establish a vision for the future of PVD in terms of products and processes (roadmap) together with marketing and manufacturing
- Generate ideas to fill in gaps in our coated products portfolio
- Guarantee successful launch of projects : launch of new products, improvement, installation of industrial processes.
On the industrial side
- Provide assistance for the start up of new coatings, the transfer of coatings from one site to another and the finetuning of industrial processes.
- Enable alignment and best practices between the various off line coating facilities
On the management side
- Collaborate with other researchers for the development of the coatings competence worldwide
- Create synergies between the different internal (R&D, IP, marketing or business units) and external stakeholders (universities, institutions etc)
On the scientific side
- Become an expert in the PVD coating process
- Increase the fundamental understanding of this technology by visiting conferences, studying the literature, making links with universities and research institutes, …
Required Profile – Must have
- You are a civil engineer or hold a PHD - preferably in physics, or material sciences
- You are innovative and like initiating idea processes
- Preferably you have a few years experience and can demonstrate a certain level of technical and scientific expertise in PVD glass processes.
- Your personality , your managerial approach, your ability to analyse complex problems, your creativity and your enthusiasm will be determining factors
- You are fluent in English (essential). Knowledge of French is a plus.
Are you ready to sign "Glass Unlimited" ?
Remuneration and benefits including amongst others :
- A motivating career path in a multinational
- A competitive base salary
- Group Bonus Scheme
- Annual Holiday of 40 days and Annual Holiday Premium
- Enrolment in a company pension scheme
- Complementary Health Insurance Scheme
Interested – apply here or in writing to Maria COCCIOLO – AGC Technovation Centre – Rue Louis Blériot 12 – 6041 Gosselies (Belgium) – email@example.com