AGC Glass Europe offers challenging, and highly rewarding career opportunities. Join a leading international glass company, share a global stage of incredible opportunity with more than 50,000 employees world-wide. Work and grow alongside some of the brightest people in your field.
The Company: AGC Glass Europe
Based in Belgium, AGC Glass Europe is the European branch of the AGC group (Asahi Glass Co., Ltd), the world’s largest producer of flat glass.
AGC produces, processes and distributes flat glass for the construction industry (external glazing and indoor decorative glass), the automotive industry, solar applications, specialized industries (glazing for railway and subway cars and ships, glass for domestic appliances) and various high-tech applications (smart and interactive screens).
AGC Glass Europe currently employs some 14,000 people. Its industrial facilities comprise 18 float glass lines, 10 automotive glass processing centres and more than 100 distribution-processing units in Europe, stretching from Spain to Russia.
AGC’s Technovation Centre (Gosselies, Belgium)
The Technovation Centre located in Gosselies (Belgium) centralises research, engineering and IP activities under one roof. It employs 250 people among which 180 researchers (mostly engineers and PhD’s), all driven by operational excellence and innovation.
Based on its three missions of technological innovation, technical assistance and scientific advice, the R&D Centre is developing the high-tech glass products of tomorrow while taking human wellbeing and protection of the environment into account.
Antibacterial glass, Glassiled Motion for dynamic façades TirExtreme for Multitouch screens are some of the most recent innovations.
SHAPE THE FUTURE OF GLASS AT AGC GLASS EUROPE’S TECHNOVATION CENTRE AND BECOME OUR ENERGY PERFORMANCE CALCULATION SPECIALIST
Our passion is glass. We work every day at turning it into a material opening up new unexpected market opportunities. Glass creates emotion by connecting people with their environment. Could it connect us with you?
The Role / Job :
Your mission – energy performance specialist in our Virtualisation Speedboat
As a member of our virtualisation speedboat, you participate in high tech projects within a young and enthusiastic team and provide expert support to marketing and technical-commercial teams.
Your mission is to contribute to the digital transition of AGC's building division using digital simulation tools. You will become the reference person for the study of the impact of glazing on the energy, light performance and thermal comfort of the building.
In particular, you will :
- Develop your expertise with the members of your team
- Establish close contacts with various group players in Belgium and abroad, mainly in the building division
- Provide technical support in collaboration with our sales and R & D teams for the promotion and development of our (new) products.
- Collaborate with marketing departments and sales teams to develop digital tools for our clients.
- Develop and deploy these tools with the IT department.
- Develop a training program to popularize your expertise.
Required Profile – Must have
- Civil Engineer, Doctor in Mechanics or Electromechanics or Physicist
- Very good mastery of energy and heat transfer mechanisms
- Advanced knowledge of optics and natural lighting
- A good command of a scientific programming language, ideally Matlab or Python
- A first professional experience (2 to 5 years) in the field of buildings’ thermal and energy calculation.
- Your ability to analyze complex problems will be decisive.
- Your personality, your managerial approach, your creativity and your enthusiasm will be determining factors
- Computers hold no secrets for you
- Knowledge of English. Knowledge of a second European language is appreciated
Are you ready to sign "Glass Unlimited" ?
Remuneration and benefits including amongst others :
- A motivating career path in a multinational
- A competitive base salary
- Group Bonus Scheme
- Annual Holiday of 40 days and Annual Holiday Premium
- Enrolment in a company pension scheme
- Complementary Health Insurance Scheme
Interested ? Apply here or in writing to Maria Cocciolo – AGC Technovation Center – Rue Louis Blériot 12 – 6041 Gosselies (Belgium) – firstname.lastname@example.org