The AGC Group, is a world-leading supplier of flat, automotive and display glass, chemicals and other high-tech materials and components. The Headquarters of AGC Glass Europe are located in Louvain-La-Neuve, Belgium.
AGC produces glass for construction (external glazing and indoor decorative glass) and for the automotive industry. The Automotive Glass division develops, produces, and commercializes a broad range of products such as windshields, side windows, rear windscreens and panoramic roofs, with advanced features: heated windshields, infrared and UV protection, head-up displays…
AGC Automotive Europe specializes in providing customers with complete solutions in terms of car glazing and related technologies. It includes production and sales of products to vehicle manufacturers (Cars and Trains) in terms of Glazing, Added Value products and components systems; as well as a complete range of service in the aftermarket area from production to distribution and retail.
The Role / Job :
The job purpose is to pilot the commercial strategy, negotiations and contacts with the customer, according to the AGC Automotive strategy and in order to reinforce its profitability and position on the market.
- Support and advice AGC’s customers (OEM) in all technical and commercial questions
- Establishing, building and developing customer relations.
- Calculation & preparation of offers up to the contractual process, including technical, logistical and economic proposals.
- Negotiate new business with the customer according to the strategy in order to obtain the targeted contracts and to develop AGC Automotive’s turnover, profitability, added value and market share.
- Prepare, monitor and adjust the mid-term sales budget in line with the set strategy.
- Co-actor in the Program Management System : define with the Program Managers the optimal solutions from economical / technical / timing points of view, negotiate the economical issues with the customer.
- Interface between customer and internal administration / management of AGC
- Represent the customer in the AGC-Automotive organisation
- Represent AGC-Automotive towards the customer in case of major issues in quality, logistics, development, payment of invoices.
- Database maintenance & Competitive Intelligence : Listen, observe, search, enquire about competitor/customer strategy, products and development. Share the relevant information inside AGC in order to stimulate the development or implementation of the company’s adequate competitive advantages
Required knowledge and expertise:
- University degree, preferably in business engineering or economics, or engineering with experience in Sales, Economics or Business Administration
- 2-5 Years Sales experience, preferable in the automotive industry
- Knowledge of working processes and requirements of the automotive industry
- Good IT Skills (MS Office)
- Fluent in German and English absolutely necessary. French or any additional European language is an asset.
Skills & Competencies:
- Self-motivated, prepared to take ownership
- Goal & action oriented with ability to perform analysis, to prepare & submit proposals, to think ahead and participate in decision taking
- Entrepreneur with business comprehension
- Team player who is able to listen, communicate & convince
- Diplomat with first-class manners
- Knowledge of automotive glass business is an advantage
- Willingness to travel within Europe