AGC Glass Europe offers challenging, and highly rewarding career opportunities. Join a leading international glass company, share a global stage of incredible opportunity with more than 50.000 employees world-wide. Work and grow alongside some of the brightest people in your field.
Our passion is glass. Glass creates emotion by connecting people with their environment. Could it connect us with you ?
The Company : AGC Glass Europe
- European branch of the AGC group, based in Belgium.
- Produces, processes and distributes flat glass for the construction industry, the automotive industry and various high-tech applications.
- 14.000 employees.
- 18 float glass lines, 10 automotive glass processing centers and more than 100 distribution-processing units in Europe.
AGC’s Technovation Centre (Gosselies, Belgium)
- Centralises research, engineering and IP activities in Gosselies.
- 300 employees (200 researchers).
- Three missions : technological innovation, technical assistance and scientific advice for which the R&D centre is developing high-tech glass products.
Our passion is glass. We work every day at turning it into a material opening up new and unexpected market opportunities. Glass creates emotion by connecting people with their environment. Could it connect us with you?
The Role / Job :
You - in the Antennas Department at the Technovation Centre
AGC’s Technovation Centre based close to Brussels (Gosselies, Belgium) mobilises its 300 researchers, engineers and technicians to:
- turn glass into a material meeting a growing range of needs (energy control, comfort, safety and health, aesthetics)
- engage in radical innovation with technological breakthroughs opening up new market opportunities.
Antibacterial glass, Glassiled Motion for dynamic facades, the Google Jamboard for multi-touch screens are just some of our latest innovations.
As one of the research departments part of the Technovation Center, the Antennas Department employs approximately 15 people. The department is in charge of managing projects focusing on how to integrate, electronics and communication/connectivity elements that will provide an added value for the building and automotive industries in various glass applications.
Your Job description
As a Wireless Communications Network Researcher, you will develop a competence in the field of urban connectivity and communications.
As part of your mission, you will:
- Serve as subject matter expert on LTE/5G NR and emerging mmwave technologies.
- Serve as KPI subject matter expert in order to evaluate network performance.
- Perform evaluation of radio network Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
- Perform coverage design, capacity, and performance activities.
- Perform Electromagnetic field EMF level analysis (measurement & simulation)
- Establish design criteria, link budget and traffic analysis
- Perform site candidate evaluation and selection
- Perform end to end propagation modeling and prediction, for deployment of Small Cell and In-Building solutions.
- Be familiar with different jurisdictions to ensure regulatory and zoning compliance.
- Perform development, testing, and validation of RF plan proposals.