AGC Glass Europe, a European leader in flat glass
Based in Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium), AGC Glass Europe produces, processes and distributes flat glass for the construction (external glazing and interior decorative glass), the automotive (original & replacement glass) and the solar sectors. It is the European branch of AGC Glass, the world's largest producer of flat glass.
Its baseline "Glass Unlimited" reflects the possibilities offered by:
• glass as a material to meet a growing variety of needs (comfort, energy control, health & safety, aesthetics, sustainability);
• innovation in products and processes, derived from continuous research in advanced glass technology;
• over 100 sites throughout Europe, from Spain to Russia;
• a worldwide marketing network;
• its 16,000 employees focused on the Customer.
The Role / Job :
As a Data Scientist, you will play a key role in the end-to-end delivery of AI/Big data projects, from the requirements’ analysis to the automation of the models.
You will be expected to interact with both IT and Business data owners and specialists - internal and external - as well as business representatives/executives (marketing, manufacturing process, customer care, R&D …).
The IT Data Scientist will :
- Work in a team inside the AI Competence Center;
- Work closely with Business/IT stakeholders to identify and prioritize business requirements;
- Identify useful (internal/external) data sources;
- Perform analysis on collected data to select the right features;
- Build / validate / tune / deploy ML models;
- Communicate effectively the results and discuss the subsequent potential action plan;
- Participate in developing AGC Start-ups.
We are looking for a strong candidate with the following skills and qualifications:
- At least a Master in Information technology, Mathematics, Statistics or Physics;
- Experience in AI/ML/Big Data project(s);
- Insights of ML/AI algorithms (XGBOOST, Random-Forest, SVM, Neural Networks, etc.);
- Effective experience in Signal Processing (Sensor data, Predictive Maintenance, etc.);
- Fluent in Python;
- Good presentation skills;
- Experience in Deep Learning (Keras, Tensorflow, Pytorch, …) is a plus;
- Experience in Big Data(Spark, Hadoop, Map-reduce, and Hive) is a plus;
- Professional proficiency in English and French or Dutch;
- Eligibility to work in Belgium, workplace is Louvain-la-Neuve.
Are you ready to sign "Glass Unlimited" ?
The ideal candidate should also have the following attributes:
- Desire to be a team player of a growing structure;
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organise, analyse and interpret large amounts of data to underline the relevant information regarding a specific business objective;
- Problem-solving mindset;
- Hands-on attitude;
- Innate care about work quality;
- Ability to interact at all levels, from the front-line staff to the executive team, with data experts (internal and external) and non-experts alike;
- Learning agility.