AGC Building & Industrial, a European leader in flat glass.
Part of AGC Glass Company, the AGC Building & Industrial Division produces, processes and distributes flat glass for the building industry, the solar industry and high tech operations. Our business is driven by four strategic Business Units:
• Primary Glass
• Processed Glass
• New Business and Industrial.
Our 8,400 employees operate in over 100 sites throughout Europe, from Spain to Russia. Our common goal is summarized in our vision: "Glass creates emotions by connecting people with their environment".
The Role / Job :
You are in charge of the coordination of all safety issues of the Processed Glass at regional level (Belgium & The Netherlands) in close collaboration with the Divisional Safety Manager and the local safety managers. You create and enforce the desired safety attitudes.
- act as safety advisor for 3 small plants
- coordinate safety activities with the local management and the safety coordinators of BENE sites.
- monitor and guarantee that all safety guidelines and legislations are respected
- analyze occurred incidents and accidents and define, implement and follow-up actions
- provide adequate quantitative and qualitative feedback based on KPI follow-up & analysis
- organize and perform safety trainings and stimulate safety awareness
- steer and monitor Safety procedures and guidelines in area of responsibility (Safety Improvement Plan, OHSAS ...)
- Advise and lead employees on various safety-related topics
- Prepare educational seminars on a regular basis
- Review existing policies and procedures
- Adhere to all the rules and regulations
- Work with HR to set up a new employee on-boarding process for safety
- Conduct risk assessment
- Enforce preventative measures
- Prepare and present reports on accidents and violations and determine causes
- Oversee workplace repair, installations and any other work that could harm employees' safety