AGC Glass Europe offers challenging, and highly rewarding career opportunities. Join a leading international glass company, share a global stage of incredible opportunity with more than 50.000 employees world-wide. Work and grow alongside some of the brightest people in your field.
Our passion is glass. Glass creates emotion by connecting people with their environment. Could it connect us with you ?
The Company : AGC Glass Europe
- European branch of the AGC group, based in Belgium.
- Produces, processes and distributes flat glass for the construction industry, the automotive industry and various high-tech applications.
- 14.000 employees.
- 18 float glass lines, 10 automotive glass processing centers and more than 100 distribution-processing units in Europe.
AGC’s Technovation Centre (Gosselies, Belgium)
- Centralises research, engineering and IP activities in Gosselies.
- 300 employees (200 researchers).
- Three missions : technological innovation, technical assistance and scientific advice for which the R&D centre is developing high-tech glass products.
AGC’s Technovation Centre based in Belgium mobilizes its 300 researchers, engineers and technicians to:
- Turn glass into a material meeting a growing range of needs (energy control, comfort, safety and health, aesthetics).
- Engage in radical innovation with technological breakthroughs, generating new products, processes or services.
Antibacterial glass, Glassiled Motion for dynamic facades, the Google Jamboard for multitouch screens are just some of our latest innovations.
The Role / Job :
FUTURE PhD ? AGC’S TECHNOVATION CENTRE IS SPONSORING A 4 YEAR PhD ON THE NUMERICAL MODELLING OF ANTI FIRE GLASS AND FRAME BEHAVIOR PREDICTION IN COLLABORATION WITH LIEGE UNIVERSITY(*).
We are looking for an engineer (structural, mechanical or material sciences) or a physician keen on starting a PHD in collaboration with ULiege under a four year AGC contract.
The UEE team (Urban and Environmental Engineering department – Leader : Professor Jean Marc Franssen) at ULG and AGC’s Technovation Centre are joining their ideas and efforts in order to develop a numerical model to predict the behavior under fire condition of dedicated glazing and frame structures . The scope of the numerical tool will be to develop/improve anti-fire glazing products and/or increase the speed to market and products homologation success. The candidate will share his/her time in both laboratories and will be integrated in the research teams at the University and in the Company.
The candidate will have access to numerical simulation tools (as Abaqus, Ansys,..) , computational power and laboratories with an experimental bench to perform fire trials and validate model results with experimental data’s.
(*) Liège University , Belgium, email@example.com
THIS IS YOU
You hold a master/ engineering degree with a strong material sciences background
You are keen to work in a team inside an R&D and academic environment. Collaborating with
various stakeholders including other PHD students, technicians and research engineers throughout
Europe and worldwide is what you enjoy
You are eager to develop your own project with autonomy
You are attracted by a topic in which the experimental part is important
You have good organisation, communication and presentation skills.
Your personality , your ability to analyse complex problems in a rigorous way, your flexibility, your
autonomy and your enthusiasm will be determining factors
You have analytical skills and can take a critical look at results
Knowledge in 3D numerical simulation software (thermal, structural, fluid) is an asset