AGC Glass Europe, a European leader in flat glass
Based in Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium), AGC Glass Europe produces, processes and distributes flat glass for the construction (external glazing and interior decorative glass), the automotive (original & replacement glass) and the solar sectors. It is the European branch of AGC Glass, the world's largest producer of flat glass.
Its baseline "Glass Unlimited" reflects the possibilities offered by:
• glass as a material to meet a growing variety of needs (comfort, energy control, health & safety, aesthetics, sustainability);
• innovation in products and processes, derived from continuous research in advanced glass technology;
• over 100 sites throughout Europe, from Spain to Russia;
• a worldwide marketing network;
• its 16,000 employees focused on the Customer.
The Role / Job :
AGC is looking for an experienced and motivated IT support candidate.
The IT Support Center forms a part of our head office, which for Europe is located in Louvain-la-Neuve, with local IT support in the plants. We are now looking for a hands-on IT support for our HQ in Louvain-La-Neuve.
In the execution of the tasks below, you closely work with colleagues and partners from various countries and you report directly to the IT Plant Support BE.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Managing and maintaining the operations of the local IT infrastructure in accordance with AGC guidelines;
- Coordinating local and corporate IT projects, f.e. defining the local needs;
- Carrying out interventions in the field of servers and network connections, whether or not at the request of colleagues from various countries;
- Acting as local point of contact for IT service partners;
- Offering hardware and software support to local end users based on reported IT issues/requirements;
- Monitoring helpdesk tickets in line with the SLAs;
- Allocating access rights to users for local networks;
- Preparing and providing new hardware (laptops, PCs, printers, smartphones etc.);
- Executing all possible actions with the objective to restore or retain the end user's productivity.
- Migrate all old systems to recent ones ( for example Xp to W10 , Dos to W10).
Our ideal candidate satisfies the following description:
- Has completed a computer technology or ICT training and already has a few years of experience;
- Has basic knowledge of network (DNS, DHCP, routing and switching), server and backup technologies, as well as knowledge of video conference systems;
- Has experience with Microsoft products, such as Active Directory, Dos, Windows XP, Windows 7 + 10; MS Office;O365.
- Knowledge in Industrial IT, OT is an advantage.
- Is eager to learn new techniques and technologies;
- Works meticulously and procedure-oriented, without losing sight of the customer's needs;
- Is able to set the right priorities and knows how to organize activities optimally;
- Has a hands-on and flexible attitude;
- Is able to collaborate properly with colleagues from various countries and with a diverse cultural background;
- Has good communicative skills in French and English.
- You are a very hard worker, team player, resistant to stress and self-learner.