AGC Glass Europe offers challenging, and highly rewarding career opportunities. Join a leading international glass company, share a global stage of incredible opportunity with more than 50.000 employees world-wide. Work and grow alongside some of the brightest people in your field.
Our passion is glass. Glass creates emotion by connecting people with their environment. Could it connect us with you ?
The Company : AGC Glass Europe
- European branch of the AGC group, based in Belgium.
- Produces, processes and distributes flat glass for the construction industry, the automotive industry and various high-tech applications.
- 14.000 employees.
- 18 float glass lines, 10 automotive glass processing centers and more than 100 distribution-processing units in Europe.
AGC’s Technovation Centre (Gosselies, Belgium)
- Centralises research, engineering and IP activities in Gosselies.
- 300 employees (200 researchers).
- Three missions : technological innovation, technical assistance and scientific advice for which the R&D centre is developing high-tech glass products.
The Role / Job :
Your job description inside the Antenna Department
You will be working inside a dynamic team of 20 people dedicated to the connectivity world revolution (transportation and smart-cities).
Our activity is growing fast. We are looking for a radio-frequency technician to support researchers in preparing, prototyping, testing and measuring antenna systems in our laboratory or in our anechoic chamber (antenna measurement). This involves :
• Supporting researchers in preparing measurement set-ups,
• Running measurements and collecting raw data,
• Making a first analysis of the measurement results in close collaboration with researchers,
• Preparing measurement reports
• Prototyping antennas on glass,
• Drawing conclusions from measurement results and adapting prototypes accordingly,
Handling CAD-data and creating basic CAD drawings. (for ex to drive an antenna printer or a laser writer).
Your scientific profile
· You hold a Bachelor Degree in engineering, computer science or physics.
· You have experience in using radio-frequency measurement equipment like Multi-meter, VNA, oscilloscope, spectrum analyser,
· A professional experience in the field of Radio-Frequency / Micro-Wave / Millimetre Wave Test System or a previous experience with an
anechoic chamber is a strong plus
Your general skills
You have much more to offer than your technical skills. You are an allrounder and recognize yourself in the following :
· Strong logical mind with attention for details
· Comfortable working under reduced supervision
· Hungry for learning and growth: ready to be trained in RF technology, testing method
· Flexible and comfortable in working in a changing environment.
· Ready to work in shift and working overtime when required
· Fluent in French. Basic knowledge of English or a willingness to learn
Are you ready to sign "Glass Unlimited" ?
Why You Should Apply
- You’ll be part of a committed, smart, respectful, and fun team in a dynamic and multicultural environment
- You’ll get wide-ranging exposure to different aspects of glass and technology.
- We offer competitive compensation with 40 days holiday, a casual office environment, and respect for autonomy
- We encourage entrepreneurial mindsets
- We very much believe in diversity and support individuals of all groups; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or disability status.
Interested ? Apply in writing to Maria Cocciolo – AGC Technovation Centre – Rue Louis Blériot 12 – 6041 Gosselies (Belgium) – firstname.lastname@example.org