AGC Glass Europe offers challenging, and highly rewarding career opportunities. Join a leading international glass company, share a global stage of incredible opportunity with more than 50.000 employees world-wide. Work and grow alongside some of the brightest people in your field.
Our passion is glass. Glass creates emotion by connecting people with their environment. Could it connect us with you ?
The Company : AGC Glass Europe
- European branch of the AGC group, based in Belgium.
- Produces, processes and distributes flat glass for the construction industry, the automotive industry and various high-tech applications.
- 14.000 employees.
- 18 float glass lines, 10 automotive glass processing centers and more than 100 distribution-processing units in Europe.
AGC’s Technovation Centre (Gosselies, Belgium)
- Centralises research, engineering and IP activities in Gosselies.
- 300 employees (200 researchers).
- Three missions : technological innovation, technical assistance and scientific advice for which the R&D centre is developing high-tech glass products.
The Role / Job :
You - at the Technovation Centre
You will experience how AGC seeks to :
· turn glass into a durable material meeting a growing range of needs (connectivity, safety and health, aesthetics)
· engage in radical innovation with technological breakthroughs opening up new market opportunities.
Examples of projects you will be part of are :
· integration of electronics, antennas & other advanced functionalities on automotive glazing
· development of new products & industrial processes to meet trends such as digitalization or energy savings
You – part of our special training programme
During the first few months, you will be part of a training programme with other ambitious youngsters. The programme will focus on :
- Design thinking
- Agile working methods
- (Self) leadership and personal development
- Presentation skills
- Innovation management
- Project management
- Glass fundamentals – products and processes
- Factory visits
Your scientific profile :
· You love science. It is in your blood. This translated into good academic results in one of the following fields: civil engineer, master or
PHD in physics/mathematics,
electricity, electronics, material science or related field.
· You understand that a researcher’s job is more than sitting behind a screen or running experiments in the labs. You have a strong
affinity with industrial and
operational processes and enjoy being on the field.
Your general skills
You have much more to offer than your technical skills. You are an allrounder and recognize yourself in the following :
- Curious with a bias for action
- Strong logical mind – yet creative and entrepreneurial with an agile spirit
- Hungry for learning and growth
- Troubleshooter with analytical skills
- Efficient communicator in multicultural environments: presentations, reports, discussions, negotiations.
- Multi tasker, able to meet deadlines and manage different projects.
- Able to elaborate, test, and propose new concepts autonomously
- Fluent in English (essential). Knowledge of French is a plus.
Are you ready to sign "Glass Unlimited" ?
In two steps
-First interviews by skype on 13 and 14 July: half an hour for a brief chat, to discover who you are and what motivates you
-Face to face meeting in September (date to be confirmed): half a day to discover our Technovation Centre, interact with potential colleagues, present a case study and get an answer to all your questions
Why You Should Apply
- You’ll be part of a committed, smart, respectful, and fun team
- You’ll get wide-ranging exposure to different aspects of glass and technology.
- We offer competitive compensation with 40 days holiday, a casual office environment, and respect for autonomy
Interested ? Apply in writing to maria.cocciolo – AGC Technovation Centre – Rue Louis Blériot 12 – 6041 Gosselies (Belgium) – email@example.com