AGC Glass Europe offers challenging, and highly rewarding career opportunities. Join a leading international glass company, share a global stage of incredible opportunity with more than 50.000 employees world-wide. Work and grow alongside some of the brightest people in your field.
Our passion is glass. Glass creates emotion by connecting people with their environment. Could it connect us with you ?
The Company : AGC Glass Europe
- European branch of the AGC group, based in Belgium.
- Produces, processes and distributes flat glass for the construction industry, the automotive industry and various high-tech applications.
- 14.000 employees.
- 18 float glass lines, 10 automotive glass processing centers and more than 100 distribution-processing units in Europe.
AGC’s Technovation Centre (Gosselies, Belgium)
- Centralises research, engineering and IP activities in Gosselies.
- 300 employees (200 researchers).
- Three missions : technological innovation, technical assistance and scientific advice for which the R&D centre is developing high-tech glass products.
The Role / Job :
Your job description inside the Antenna Department :
You will be working inside a dynamic team of 20 people dedicated to the connectivity world revolution (transportation and smart-cities).
Our activity is growing fast. We are looking for an Automotive Antenna Designer to reinforce our development team. This team is in charge of developing carline specific antenna solutions for our automotive customers.
This involves :
• designing automotive antenna structures for analog and digital radio (FM, DAB), digital TV, WiFi, mobile communications (LTE, 5G), satellite communications (GNSS,
SDARS), considering complex antenna housing and environment (for example a full car)
• performing efficient simulations of complex antenna structures, with various resolution methods
• performing post-processing of simulation and measurement data to extract relevant KPIs
• performing physical antenna optimization on full size mock-ups and prototypes with support of RF technicians
• performing complex measurements of antennas in state-of-the art unique large scale anechoic chambers
• making clear reports of antenna performance for customers, with detailed parts but also with relevant top-view summaries
• taking part in innovation processes by maturing new concepts, developing new simulation and measurement methods as well as the
antenna generation of tomorrow
You – part of our special training programme
During the first few months, you will be part of a training programme with other ambitious youngsters. The programme will focus on
- Design thinking
- Agile working methods
- (Self) leadership and personal development
- Presentation skills
- Innovation management
- Project management
- Glass fundamentals – products and processes
- Factory visits
Your scientific profile
• You love science. It is in your blood. This translated into good academic results in one of the following fields: engineering, mathematics or physics in related field
(e.g. telecom, antenna, electromagnetics, …). But also :
o Knowledge of electromagnetism, antenna physics, radiation - propagation
o Electromagnetic simulation expertise on various softwares, such as CST, Feko, HFSS, …
o Ability to perform antenna measurements (VNA, far-field measurements, near-field measurement). A previous experience with an
anechoïc chamber is a strong plus
o Pragmatic : comparing simulations and measurements is a need for you. Handling large amounts of data is your cup of tea. You
understand the limitations of simulated models and always look for the physical interpretation of the results
Your general skills
You have much more to offer than your technical skills. You are an allrounder and recognize yourself in the following :
• Curious with a bias for action
• Strong logical mind capable of identifying the essential and building efficient summaries
• Creative and entrepreneurial with an agile spirit
• Hungry for learning and growth
• Efficient communicator in multicultural environments: presentations, reports, discussions, negotiations.
• Flexible and comfortable working in a changing environment.
• Ready to work in shift and working overtime when required
• Fluent in English (essential). Knowledge of French is a plus.
Are you ready to sign "Glass Unlimited" ?
Why You Should Apply
• You’ll be part of a committed, smart, respectful, and fun team in a dynamic and multicultural environment
• You’ll get wide-ranging exposure to different aspects of glass and technology.
• We offer competitive compensation with 40 days holiday, a casual office environment, and respect for autonomy
• We encourage entrepreneurial mindsets
• We very much believe in diversity support individuals of all groups; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, or disability status
Interested ? Apply in writing to Maria Cocciolo – AGC Technovation CentRE – Rue Louis Blériot 12 – 6041 Gosselies (Belgium) – firstname.lastname@example.org