AGC Glass Europe offers challenging, and highly rewarding career opportunities. Join a leading international glass company, share a global stage of incredible opportunity with more than 50.000 employees world-wide. Work and grow alongside some of the brightest people in your field.
Our passion is glass. Glass creates emotion by connecting people with their environment. Could it connect us with you ?
The Company : AGC Glass Europe
- European branch of the AGC group, based in Belgium.
- Produces, processes and distributes flat glass for the construction industry, the automotive industry and various high-tech applications.
- 14.000 employees.
- 18 float glass lines, 10 automotive glass processing centers and more than 100 distribution-processing units in Europe.
AGC’s Technovation Centre (Gosselies, Belgium)
- Centralises research, engineering and IP activities in Gosselies.
- 300 employees (200 researchers).
- Three missions : technological innovation, technical assistance and scientific advice for which the R&D centre is developing high-tech glass products.
Be part of the CAR-EVOLUTION
The Automotive sector is in full turnaround. The advent of the autonomous car will dramatically reshape the way people interact with vehicles, the future design of roads and cities. Glass has a major role to play. Come and experience the excitement and challenges of industrial research in one of Europe’s largest glass R&D Centres. Be part of a training program specially designed for young researchers
Our passion is glass. Glass creates emotion by connecting people with their environment. Could it help us connecting with you?
The Role / Job :
Your job description inside the Antenna Department
You will be working inside a dynamic team of 20 people dedicated to the connectivity world revolution (transportation and smart-cities).
For our exclusive measurement service centre, we are looking for a radio-frequency Test Engineer to manage the measurement protocol, testing procedure and new equipment acquisitions to stay on the cutting edge of technology. You will :
• Become the team’s reference expert for all RF measurement protocols.
• Manage and centralize the main technical aspects for the measurement centre (maintenance plan, equipment calibration, measurement methods and protocol,
training, technical request evaluation, customized set-up feasibility, technical support for quotation, …)
• Define testing goals based on our customer measurement specification, write test procedure, execute tests and perform detailed post processing analysis.
• Based on new products developed by our R&D Team, construct a detail specification of features, support development and validate test plans, test cases and test
setups. The objective is to assess the conformity of new products.
• Perform technology watch on market evolution and competitors’ products
• Study and develop new RF measurement services (e.i. advanced-faster-higher frequency antenna pattern measurement, (MIMO)-OTA testing, virtual drive test,
GNSS Testing, EMC-precompliance, etc…). Following your proposal, new services will be developed by the team.
• Support the internal process of certification (e.i. XmSirius, ISO 17025, …)
Your scientific profile
• You hold a Master Degree or PhD in engineering or physics in related field
• You have a professional experience (between 3-8 years) ) in the field of Radio-Frequency / Micro-Wave / Millimetre Wave Test System. A previous experience with an
anechoïc chamber is a strong plus
• You have experience at using general purpose RF test equipment: Spectrum Analyser, Signal Generator, Power Meter, Network Analyser, etc. Ideally, you are familiar with
4G / 5G, OTA (over-the-air) tests, EMC measurements, V2X-DSRC.
• You have experience or you are ready to train yourself in developing automated testing sequence, coding and post analysis script
• You enjoy working in a lab environment, motivated by developing efficient and user-friendly measurement and testing set-up for the team
• You like to share your knowledge and train others. You are ready to give trainings on your field of expertise
Your general skills
You have much more to offer than your technical skills. You also recognize yourself in the following:
- Curious with a bias for action
- Strong interest in testing and troubleshooting. Hands-on approach
- Strong logical mind capable of identifying the essential and building efficient summaries
- Hungry for learning and growth
- Efficient communicator in multicultural environments: presentations, reports, discussions, negotiations.
- Flexible and comfortable working in a changing environment.
- Ready to work in shift and working overtime when required
- Fluent in English (essential). Knowledge of French is a plus.
Are you ready to sign "Glass Unlimited" ?
Why You Should Apply ?
• You’ll be part of a committed, smart, respectful, and fun team in a dynamic and multicultural environment
• You’ll get wide-ranging exposure to different aspects of glass and technology.
• We offer competitive compensation with 40 days holiday, a casual office environment, and respect for autonomy
• We encourage entrepreneurial mindsets
• We very much believe in diversity support individuals of all groups; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or disability status
Interested ? Apply in writing to Maria Cocciolo – AGC Technovation Centre – Rue Louis Blériot 12 – 6041 Gosselies (Belgium) – firstname.lastname@example.org