The AGC Group, is a world-leading supplier of flat, automotive and display glass, chemicals and other high-tech materials and components. The Headquarters of AGC Glass Europe are located in Louvain-La-Neuve, Belgium.
AGC produces glass for construction (external glazing and indoor decorative glass) and for the automotive industry. The Automotive Glass division develops, produces, and commercializes a broad range of products such as windshields, side windows, rear windscreens and panoramic roofs, with advanced features: heated windshields, infrared and UV protection, head-up displays…
AGC Automotive Europe specializes in providing customers with complete solutions in terms of car glazing and related technologies. It includes production and sales of products to vehicle manufacturers (Cars and Trains) in terms of Glazing, Added Value products and components systems; as well as a complete range of service in the aftermarket area from production to distribution and retail.
The Role / Job :
Your role & work environment:
You will be part of an AGC dedicated structure called Incubation Factory that has been created to take the lead on start-up activity of AGC Automotive Europe. Our Wideye start-up creates new solutions for the autonomous vehicles (https://www.wideye.vision).
As Wideye's Calibration & Testing Engineer, you will have chance to work in a fast-moving « start-up » mode, while having the benefits of a big and successful company, recognized in the automotive industry, as well as being part of a close team working on the development of innovative mobility solutions.
As the Calibration & Testing Engineer of Wideye, your missions will be the following:
- You will help us to define and develop the calibration process to validate the overall LiDAR system performance (including sensor, lens and glass) after integration onto the vehicle, ensuring quality and optimal operation of each component.
- You will be responsible for calibration, test and qualification of LiDAR systems in the predevelopment, implementation and industrialization phases.
- You will provide a rigorous and comprehensive evaluation methodology such as characterization and verification plans, develop quantitative metrics to evaluate performance, and specify lab setups and real-world environments for validation scenarios.
- You will develop the implementation of high precision and high-volume LiDAR system tests, containing related hardware and software that go beyond simple sensor design verification (including image quality, electrical and optical testing).
The ideal candidate we are looking for has the following qualifications and skills.
- Physics or engineering M.S or PhD
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience, automotive industry (Tiers 1 or OEM) background is preferable
- Familiar with ADAS sensor (Radar, LiDAR and/or Camera) modules operation, image quality tuning and system calibration
- Good programming (Matlab, C/C++, Python, …) skills on digital image processing and data quality analysis
- Deep knowledge in vision algorithms and ADAS/AD applications
- Experience with Radar, LiDAR and/or Camera testing methodology from prototyping to industrial environments
- Business fluency in English is mandatory. Knowledge of any other language (French, German, Dutch ...) is a plus
- Entrepreneur mindset
- Autonomous, agile and willing to work within a dynamic team
- Strong project management, planning and organizational skills
- High degree of structure and attention to detail
- Problem-solving mindset
- Ability to communicate in a direct and diplomatic way
- Willingness to travel internationally
The position is based in Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium.
International candidates willing to relocate to Belgium are welcomed to apply.
Are you ready to sign "Glass Unlimited" ?
Our offer ?
- A dynamic team with a strong entrepreneurial mindset.
- An empowering work environment, encouraging autonomy, initiative and innovation.
- The possibility to evolve and grow with the Wideye project.
- A competitive salary package including namely a group bonus scheme, a total of 37 holidays/year, homeworking, a group pension plan, a complementary group hospitalization insurance plan.